To think a year ago around this time I did not have a sense of direction in my life; I was filled with fear and apprehension. I guess it comes with pursuing a career in the arts. For some reason, I have lost all those negative thoughts. I have this newfound mindset and drive. My passion is not driven by selfishness anymore but with something I can’t describe with a single word. It consist of: love, fascination, joy, thrill, and lastly, divinity. It’s a feeling that is unsettling but also harmonious. We performers are so blessed; always remember that. Certain people may see us as a frivolous bunch but we are not just idealistic artists. We are historians, architects, philosophers, activists, theorists, anthropologists, therapists, healers, mystics, and most importantly, we are resilient creatures. We represent humanity in its greatest and lowest point. Be proud to be an artist but also remember to have the humility and respect for the craft.
1. i dont want to make it into a rebloging type of place.
2. a form of self-gratification that i can be more creative than fb
3. be a bitch
3 attempt to be incitive
4. make lists
5. just realized that i only go on this when my best friend is out of town….
1. I love Missy Elliott
2. I hate my own baking
3. I love Kylie Minogue too much
4. I set myself up for dating failure TOO much.
5. Missy Elliott is NOT Queen Latifah
6. I love peeing while sitting down.